Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sharing The Love & The Loot



So I think I found the thing that tops sharing the loot that is your vegetable garden harvest and it's digging up some herbs out of the garden for your 6-year old niece who's recently decided she wants a green thumb and a garden of her own. Lucky for my niece, her dad is just the kind to make this new dream a reality, and so I found myself on a train this Easter Sunday with some oregano, a strawberry and thyme, freshly dug out of my garden, and a chamomile seedling as my traveling companions. My niece is not a kid who eats a lot of things, let alone vegetables, which she now wants to grow, and her favorite colors are pink and purple so this ought to be interesting to watch. I'm looking forward to playing in the dirt with this beautiful girl and already have a list of way too many plants I want to give her.

2 comments:

frank@nycg said...

what fun. My first plants were weeds.

Sweetgum Thursday said...

oh man, you're making me sad. my niece is pretty lucky. my dad had one of those topsy turvy tomato growers as an easter present for her too. that kid wouldn't eat a tomato if her life depended on it.